So I love cooking, baking and making things. I am a MASSIVE FOODIE.
I thought I would start my food section of my blog off with my cashew bliss balls.
I made these up on the spot, and can I tell you- they are delicious (if I do say so myself).
They are quick, easy, healthy and no baking involved!
If you love a good recipe where you can just pop it into the fridge or freezer when done, this is for you.
Let’s get straight to it.
(Actually before we start- I must mention that I love to just estimate how much I’ll need soooooo….) 😉
Handful of raisins/ dried blueberries
Dash of cinnamon (when I say dash I put in like BIG dashes #cinnamonlover).
8-12 soaked dates
1/2 cup cashews (soaked)
1 TBSP maple syrup
2 TBSP coconut oil (Melted)
1/2 C coconut flour
1/2 C almond meal
Handful of goji berries
Handful of buckinis
- Soak dates and cashews in boiling water, with a lid/ cover on top and place to the side for now.
- Heat coconut oil if not already melted.
- Place all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl expect coconut oil and mix together.
- Grab a food processor and place the soaked dates and cashews in and blend until it becomes a paste #delish.
- Then add date/ cashew paste and coconut oil into mixing bowl and mix all ingredients together until it forms together. (You may have to add little bits of the date water in so it sticks more, but just see how it goes).
- Then form into small balls and place in a container and pop in the fridge (or freezer)- whatever you fancy.
Note: – if you don’t have a food processor you can just mash the cashews and dates with a fork/ masher.
– You can soak the dates and cashews overnight if you’d like too, or make sure you soak them in the boiling water for at least 10-15 mins before hand (easier to blend/ mash).
– Keep the water from soaking in case you need to add little bits to make more of a paste.